Resetting dashboard to default state before navigation action

Hi,
In report I have two tabs 1) Headlines tab 2) Details tab
I want to create an action that after clicking on visual in Headlines tab navigate to Details Tab and filter data in a proper way. However, In Details tab I have like 15 controls added and if anything will be selected tabs will not reconcile/work correctly after action. Is there any way to automatically reset dashboard to default state, so actions will work correctly? I know that I can all parameters to the navigation action but it means adding 15 parameters to each visual. Is there any better way to do that?

Best regards,
Michal

1 Like

Hi,

you can click on the reset button at the top left. Its not automatically, but it will reset everything.

Otherwise I cannot come up with another solution than adding each parameter to the navigation action.

Hi Thomas, Thank you for your replay.
Yes, I am aware that there is this option but this is fully manual process. However, there should be an option in the action to reset dashboard to default state before navigating to different tab. Adding all controls (15 in this case) to each visual is just pointless. Maintenance of this will be a nightmare as we need to update everything every time we add a new control.

@AWS please look into this as an area for potential improvement

Best regards,
Michal

2 Likes

Any updates from the QuickSight team on this concern and suggestions for a more elegant way to reset navigation action filters?