Single Y-Axis Combo Chart Through API

I have a combo chart. In the analysis, I created it having a single Y-axis. However when I try to use that same analysis, retrieve its definition to create a template and later, a Dashboard (through the API), the visual shows up in the dashboard having a dual Y-axis. What configuration should I pass to enforce the single Y-axis structure? Alternatively, How would I enforce both Y axes have the same range, all the time?

Have you made sure that the secondary options are not present?

Doesn’t work either. Removed from the original analysis definition. Still end up getting two Y axes.
Seems like a bug to me.
What I did in steps:
First Attempt:

• Created the analysis, picked the option of Single Y axis.
  • From the analysis I grabbed its definition.
  • Converted into a template.
  • Used the template to publish a dashboard.
  • Ended up with two Y axes.
    Second attempt:
  • From that analysis I grabbed its definition to convert it to a template.
  • While still formatting the definition, removed the following:
analysis['Definition']['Sheets'][mysheetnumber]['Visuals'][myvisualnumber]['ComboChartVisual']['ChartConfiguration']['SecondaryYAxisDisplayOptions']

analysis['Definition']['Sheets'][mysheetnumber]['Visuals'][myvisualnumber]['ComboChartVisual']['ChartConfiguration']['SecondaryYAxisLabelOptions']

analysis['Definition']['Sheets'][mysheetnumber]['Visuals'][myvisualnumber]['ComboChartVisual']['ChartConfiguration']['LineDataLabels']
  • Created the template after deleting these options.
  • Published dashboard from template
  • Ended up with the same result, two Y axes.

Is there any other option I’m missing?

From the analysis definition itself, I can’t find anything that specifies the fact I chose a Single Y-axis for the combo chart. Would you mind pointing out if there is?

hmm it might be a bug. I can’t find anything else. These are new apis that are still being developed on. I would suggest opening up a support case so that the AWS team can dive further into it.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.