SQL_EXCEPTION error on SPICE

Hi all,
Sometimes, when my dataset tries to refresh, I get this error message:

Error type:
SQL_EXCEPTION Learn more
This is a general SQL error. This can be caused by query timeouts, resource constraints, unexpected DDL alterations before or during a query, and other database errors. Check your database settings and your query, and try again.
Error details:
COLUMN_NOT_FOUND: line 8:1187: Column ‘column_x’ cannot be resolved or requester is not authorized to access requested resources

Any insights on why this is happening or best practices to follow to prevent this from happening?
I tried reading SPICE documentation but I didn’t find anything useful.

Thanks a lot!

hi @mateoleon210
what datasource do you use?
BR

My data is stored is Athena

Can you share the SQL?

Hi @mateoleon210
any update?
BR

Hi @mateoleon210.

Also wanted to highlight that the error you mention COLUMN_NOT_FOUND: line 8:1187: Column ‘column_x’ cannot be resolved or requester is not authorized to access requested resources is typically found when the Athena table you are trying to access is governed from LakeFormation and QuickSight doesn’t have access.

Please take a look to the following knowledge center article to find a comprehensive guide on how to solve Access denied errors when using Athena as a data source in Quicksight.

Hope it helps, please mark this solution as solved if that’s the case also to help other members of the community., otherwise let us know.

Thank you for posting into the QS community!