Summary and Details Data Mismatch

I’ve been noticing that when I create a summary visual (pivot table), the counts do not match the raw data. I built a downloadable version of the data, for team members who want to conduct additional analyses. However, when we download into Excel and pivot the data, the numbers do not add up. The only way to fix this seems to be to delete the visual and re-build from scratch. Is this an issue that has been flagged and is being worked on? I suspected it could be a cache issue, so I cleared cache and tried again and still same problem.

Hi Smita,

Thanks for reaching out. QuickSight pivot table visual supports calculating total at rows and column values of visual [Adding a pivot table calculation - Amazon QuickSight]. Hope you are selecting right rollup aggregate for measures there.

If you still face the issue, we recommend to open a support case [Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support] so that we can help you further: If your company has an internal IT team, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team. They’ll open an AWS Support case on your behalf.
Regards,
Anwar Ali