The Geo locations are not properly tag in the point or filled maps if it is in abbreviated form

The Geo locations are not properly tag in the maps if it is in abbreviated form. Eg for India MH - is State ‘Maharashtra’ but it is shown somewhere in the middle of Bay of Bengal in point map. This is happening for both State and CIty for many data across the globe. I have followed the steps to set up hierarchal location but it seems to not work.

Can someone please help me here on how to resolve this.

Hello @nancylat , welcome to the QuickSight community!

This is something that has happened in other regions or there have been bugs in the geo-spatial mapping.

I would recommend filing an AWS support ticket. Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf.

1 Like

@duncan ,

Thank you for this answer, it is helpful information and follow up with my team for the process of taking this sim process forward.

Can you also help me the information of quick sight list of acceptable Geo locations i.e. the form in which geo spacial maps can read the data and tag properly so that I can do the data cleaning if there is from my end?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @nancylat !

No problem! I recommend checking out the documentation below: