Toggle between multiple dimensions

Is there a way in quicksight to create an analysis which will let me toggle between multiple dimensions?

i.e., I have a bar chart showing revenue split by territory. I would like a parameter which allows me to select say territory, channel, or year, and the bar chart which display revenue split by channel, or revenue split by year depending on the value chosen.

I know how to do this in Tableau. I would create a parameter with the list of dimensions I wish to toggle between, would create a calculated field based on the value of that parameter and then plot revenue versus the calculated field. However I’m not sure if this is possible in Quicksight as I’m quite new to this tool. I have tried using this tutorial Using calculated fields with parameters in Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight but am getting an ‘you cant use multivalue parameters in calculated fields’ error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Found the solution to this eventually.

Create a single-value string parameter and save. Add a dropdown control to the parameter and create a list. Add this new parameter into the calculated field as described in the link Using calculated fields with parameters in Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight

2 Likes

nice work!

Cheers!
Ramon Lopez