Unable to create Salesforce Data Source

When I try to create a Salesforce data source and login I get this error:

Your database generated a SQL exception. This can be caused by query timeouts, resource constraints, unexpected DDL alterations before or during a query, and other database errors. Check your database settings and your query, and try again.

I’m not very familiar with Salesforce and cannot find any other debug information.

Does anyone know what could be wrong or where to find more helpful details?

hi @matthew1, can you tell what point in the dataset creation process you are receiving this error? were you able to successfully use your Salesforce custom domain name and user credentials to connect to Salesforce and you received this error when selecting data objects or you are having trouble connecting to Salesforce from QuickSight.

Hi @DeepakS ,

I click the ‘New Dataset’ button then choose Salesforce from the list of sources.

I choose a name and click Sign In

Then I get redirected to a Salesforce login page. I choose the login and then get redirected back to QuickSight. Afterwards, this message is shown.

(Unfortunately I can only add one attachment as a new user)

@matthew1, as I understand Salesforce credential used for this dataset creation allowed you to successfully login to Salesforce but not access to underlying data objects via QuickSight connectors. Just curious, are you able to use the same credentials and access the Salesforce data objects after logging into Salesforce, please check. If you are able to use the same credentials to access the data objects in Salesforce but not via QuickSight, I would recommend filing a case with AWS Support where we can dive into the details so that we can help you further. Here are the steps to open a support case (Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support). If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!