Unable to render chart for Filled Map when Base map is set to Imagery

I published a dashboard that contained a Filled Map with Base map set to Imagery, and it looks fine in my analysis and after publishing.

But when I logged in to a reader account, it shows “Unable to render chart. Please refresh the page to try again.”

In the browser console I see an error:
“Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://d3bzuuerb3m5u0.cloudfront.net/styles/v0/style-esriImagery.json. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 200.”

If I change the Base map back to the default option i.e. “Light grey canvas” and republish the dashboard, it works fine. Even when logging in to the reader account.

Do you know how to get around this error?

It seemed to work OK for me just now, so I’ll test a bit more- I did not alter the dashboard since yesterday but when I logged in today it seemed to work OK

1 Like

Hello @NiallF, thank you for following up on this. It is strange too because it gave you a status 200 code which is technically a success. Maybe it was a network issue locally or something with QuickSight. I’ll mark your response above as the solution since it is working, but please let me know if this happens again!