Using asset bundle to deploy a new dataset

If I exported dataset A, is there any way to deploy dataset B (in the same account and same region of dataset A) using asset bundle import from dataset A without replacing dataset A?
I did it by generating a new uuid for dataset B and replacing it in the dataset A bundle, but I wonder if there is a better way to do it.
The main motivation is to generate new datasets by code and deploy analysis/dashboards between environments (staging and prod).

Hi Thiago, did I understand correctly that you first performed an export-bundle-job in order to import afterwards?
In this case, you can save yourself a step and set a “prefix” directly in the asset-bundle-import-job. This way, you directly generate a copy. I hope it helps!

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/quicksight/start-asset-bundle-import-job.html

BR
LKS

1 Like

Hey @Thiago ,

i like lks idea. Maybe you could also utilize the CreateDataSet - Amazon QuickSight api. Before your asset bundle import part runs. Mayer this to community post can also help you:
Is it possible to duplicate existing dataset via SDK/API? - Question & Answer - Amazon QuickSight Community and Can we duplicate a datasource? - Question & Answer - Amazon QuickSight Community
BR
Robert

1 Like

Hello guys, first of all, thank you both!
LKS’s solution has worked just fine.

1 Like