Can we duplicate a datasource?

I have a dataset pointed to a datasource(Redshift table from beta AWS Account). Now i need to replicate the datasource pointing to Redshift table from Prod Account . I am able to update the existing datasource connection to get data from prod account but not able to duplicate the data source. Let me know if this is possible in quicksight

Hi @Manohar1 - Are you referring to create a duplicate data source or new data set pointing a new data source? There is no copy data sources, but you can always create it from UI or Quicksight API’s

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

I am referring to duplicate a data source. Basically i need to maintain two versions of Dashboards - one from Production AWS account and another from Beta Aws Account.

Hi @Manohar1 - In a single dashboard you can not point to 2 data sources. A simple option will be create 2 data sources and 2 dashboards and point each dashboard to respective data source.

Hi @Koushik_Muthanna @Naveed @David_Wong - any expert tips on this?

Regards - Sanjeeb

I don’t need a single dashboard pointing to multiple data sources… I got your point on creating 2 data sources and 2 dashboards… but, i need to duplicate the existing dashboard based on new new data source connection because my existing dashboard contains hundreds of calculated fields in the dataset which i can’t recreate quickly

1 Like

Hi @Manohar1 - In that case, the easiest way is to create the dashboard using QuickSight API. Please see the blog - Migrate Amazon QuickSight across AWS accounts | AWS Big Data Blog

In your case you have to create the replica in the same account and update the data source .

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

@Manohar1, I am marking @Sanjeeb2022 response as solution.

You can also explore expanded APIs for code deployment, please refer this QuickSight Learning Series video.

2 Likes