Using Existing Dataset as one of the source for a new datasource in QuickSight SPICE based dataset

We have a use case where users would like to source an existing SPICE based dataset and enhance it by uploading a local file form his/ her laptop and publish a new dataset to create his/her own analysis. I thought we can easily do it via the Child Dataset (Use in DataSet) or Duplicate Dataset route; however what I realized is if the master dataset has Column level Security (CLS) or Row Level Security (RLS) enabled then these options are not viable respectively. Can someone please throw some light on an existing option which can be leveraged?

Note: I am rookie in Quicksight; due to that I may be missing some obvious option. Hence looking for help from this AWSome community!!

Can you remove the CLS or RLS on your dataset, duplicate it, and then add it back?

I’m assuming that would be the only way to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Thank you @Max for your response. However, RLS and CLS needs to be implemented in our Datasets, hence removing that is not an option.

The use case is very much like Super Users would merge their local supplementary excel data files with the already published datasets and then publish their own datasets allowing them to generate some ad-hoc analysis on their own. Is their any alternate way that QuickSight provides, to satisfy this kind of use cases?

Unfortunately, there is not a way to do what you are looking for. You could look to opening up a case with AWS and see if they can provide a solution.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

Hi @sagmukhe ! QuickSight does allow using RLS enabled datasets to be used as source.
Trying to understand if this will meet your requirement.

Regards,
Karthik

Hi @sagmukhe . Did my earlier post help with your RLS question? I am marking my earlier reply as Solution, but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

Regards,
Karthik