Using Quicksight forecast in AWS free tier account

I created a dataset on Quicksight and wanted to add a forecast to my visual on Quicksight. I have created this analysis on an AWS free tier account. I do not see an option to add forecast as per the documentation guide here - Forecasting and creating what-if scenarios with Amazon QuickSight - Amazon QuickSight

How do we activate the forecast mode in Quicksight? Is there a workaround for this (Eg. using Canvas)?

1 Like

Hi @Arvind_Shastry - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. The Forecast option is available in Line chart. Please change the chart type to Line chart and you can see forecast option. see the screenshot below.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Hi Sanjib, I tried line chart but still do not see any option to forecast. Could you check and let me know?

Hi @Arvind_Shastry - Can you try with a one measure and see whether it is visible or not.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

Still not seeing the forecast option

Hi @Arvind_Shastry - This is surprise to me.

Hi @Max @Koushik_Muthanna - Is there a condition that forecast is NOT available in free tier? Please advise.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Arvind_Shastry,

You can go to this page to compare the Enterprise and Standard editions. I don’t see a line item for forecasting specifically but I’m guessing it’s included in “ML Insights” (at the bottom of the table).

3 Likes

Thank you @David_Wong .

Hi @Arvind_Shastry - The ML insights are NOT part of standard edition. See the screenshot below.

The link - Amazon QuickSight Pricing - Business Intelligence Service - Amazon Web Services

Check the compare section.

Regards - Sanjeeb

2 Likes

@Arvind_Shastry - I’m marking David Wongs response as the solution. You can upgrade to enterprise edition by going into management panel (User icon > Manage QuickSight) and clicking the upgrade link from there. You will still be entitled to the remaining days of the free trial for 4 authors after upgrading.

Regards,
Arun Santhosh

3 Likes