UX issue, simple enhancement

This isn’t an author issue, it’s a reader issue, but I was forced to add author as a tag.

Anyhow, we have readers, that when they first login to QuickSight they are taken to the dashboards entry in the explorer panel on the left. Then they will see their list of dashboards (or set of cards of dashboards depending on the view). They will see 10, 25, or 50 of the dashboards. Especially if the control is set to 10 or 25, the users do NOT realize that they need to scroll down to find the page advance control on which to click before they can see the next set of dashboards. They think they can only see the ones that are visible to them on that screen.

They then open a ticket with our Help Desk, asking why they can’t see a specific dashboard.

Here’s the enhancement.
Can we have the page advance functionality that is in the lower right corner of the browser window duplicated to the upper right corner of the browser window.

1 Like

Hello @cgreenacre, don’t worry at all about the author tag, that is mostly to determine the level at which the issue occurs from your standpoint. So as the author, you would like to be in more control of the Reader experience.

At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a better service. I have tagged this as a feature request. I will archive this topic for our support team. Thank you!