Whats the best way to refresh Oauth Credentials for a Salesforce dataset?

I succesfully set up a Datasource and refresh in quicksight to my Salesforce instance. My datasources start to fail importing with the error “OAUTH_TOKEN_FAILURE” randomly. I thought i could refresh my credentials in that data source by navigating to DataSets > New Data Set > select [datasource in question] > Edit data source, but the Edit data source button is grayed out, and I’m not getting any pop up window to reconnect with OAuth. Below is a screenshot of where I thought I could refresh the credentials. Any ideas?

Hmm I get the same issue.

You might need to create a new one or use an existing one that works.

I’ll mark this as a feature request as I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to re validate or enter new credentials.

1 Like

Thank you for responding! Yeah if this could be a feature request that would be great.
In the meantime, Do you have any ideas how I can prevent the connection from expiring or make it less frequent?
I’m pulling 5 reports from SF and then combining them in a dataset, so recreating them each time this happens is problematic (Im testing, but seems like it breaks my analysis).

I don’t know. We haven’t had any connection that expired. I don’t know why yours would.

Do your credentials change a lot with SalesForce?

No they dont. In fact the credentials haven’t changed at all- which is another oddity here

I would suggest opening a ticket with AWS to see what’s going on.

Here are the steps to open a support case