Amazon QuickSight launches a new redesigned analysis experience

Posted On: Nov 22, 2023

Amazon QuickSight launched a new analysis experience, enabling a more intuitive and efficient way for authoring dashboards on QuickSight. With the new analysis experience, QuickSight is redesigning the core workflows for authors to be more intuitive, scalable, and efficient. The new analysis experience includes

• 3-pane layout that provides a clear and organized workspace for easy navigation between data, visualization building, and object properties. This includes updates to pane components, new vertically organized field wells, drag and drop fields, add/edit workflow, visual type selector redesign, and the Properties pane.
  • The analysis toolbar providing access to essential authoring, editing, and pane-management functions with just a click, allowing authors to work more efficiently across the analysis experience.

See here for more details about the changes to expect with the new analysis experience.

The new analysis experience is now available in Amazon QuickSight Standard and Enterprise Editions in all supported regions - US East (N. Virginia and Ohio), US West (Oregon), Canada, Sao Paulo, Europe (Frankfurt, Ireland and London), Asia Pacific (Mumbai, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo), and the AWS GovCloud (US-West) Region. See here for QuickSight regional endpoints.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at Amazon QuickSight launches a new redesigned analysis experience.

1 Like

I have some feedback after using the new experience for the past 2 weeks:

1. The vertically stacked field wells make a lot of sense. It’s much easier to move fields up and down now, especially when there are many fields in the field wells.

2. The drag and drop interaction sometimes doesn’t work when trying to move a field from one field well to another, e.g. from the “Group by” field well to the “Value” field well and vice-versa. I’m not sure if it’s specific to one browser (I’ve been using Firefox).

3. I would prefer to have the search box and “+ Calculated Field” button pinned to the top of the “Data” pane and not have them scroll with the list of fields.

4. Sometimes the “Properties” tab for a visual opens by itself and gets in the way. I think there’s some logic for it to open automatically but that logic may need some tweaking. Sometimes it opens when I don’t want it to open.

feature-request

4 Likes

Thanks @David_Wong. We’ll make sure our PM and UI leads on the new experience see this feedback.