Change Value Count Format

I have a pivot table visual that has a calculated field being used as the value but I can’t seem to change the count format. I am using the dropdown menu in the value segment and to change it to format ‘1,234’ as oppose to ‘1234’ which it is currently in. I have also tried changing it in the fields list but neither seem to work. It is a calculated field as a dimension, it is being used as a running total table calculation and is a count distinct, not sure if any of that is affecting it.

If any further information if required then please just let me know. Many thanks.

hi @riley.anderson - Can you please give a screenshot for this issue so that it will be easy to understood. Please ensure you do not give any PII or PCI details.

Regards - San

1 Like

Hi @Sanjeeb2022

As you can see the count format is as ‘1234.5678’ format, I click on the highlighted format of ‘1,234’ and it just does not change it.

I have tried removing the table calculation and changing the format there and although it changes it on the visual it still shows as being ‘Count Format: 1234.5678’ on the dropdown menu. Although when I add back in the table calculation it removes the format and I still can’t change it.

Let me know if you need to see anything else, thanks.

Hi @riley.anderson - Thanks for the details.
Can you click more formatting option and do the change as per below.

I can see the data looks good after that.

Hope this will help you.

Regards - San

2 Likes

Hi @Sanjeeb2022,

Thanks for your reply.

I had tried that previously and have tried again. It already had the ‘Thousands’ tick box enabled, Decimal Places to ‘Custom 0’, and Units to ‘No Units’. I have tried combinations of changing them either singularly, or in conjunction with other options but nothing seems to work.

Not sure if it’s something to do with the calculated field I am using as the value field?

Thanks again.

Hi @riley.anderson - The thousands box should NOT be enabled. Kindly check that. If all things are not work out, it will be a good idea to raise a ticket to AWS team so that they can see your screen and fix it quickly.

To raise a ticket to AWS please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support.

If you do not have access to do the same, request your AWS admin to raise on behalf of you.

Hope this will help you in fixing the issue.

Regards - San

Hi @Sanjeeb2022,

I have had it enabled and disabled and neither works. Although in theory I should have the thousands box checked as I do want the comma there so it shows as ‘1,234’.

I’ll go the route of raising an AWS support ticket as recommended.

Many thanks.

1 Like