Daily Scheduled Full Refresh dataset is missing rows

I’ve been seeing the same issue on my dashboard that my daily scheduled full refresh didn’t pick up any incremental rows from the datasource or only pick up part of it. And a manual refresh will fix everything. I have my dashboard users reached out a few times saying the data is missing on my dashboard and I can always fix it by running a manual refresh right away. Below is a screen shot of a couple instances. I am hoping to see if someone know how to trouble shoot it.

Does it have anything to do with data coming in that day or is it from a previous day that you are not seeing data?

Do you have any where clause or limitation in your SQL or process that might affect this as well?

I don’t think so
1/ this issue appear many times, so it is not a one time coincidence. And I had the same issue again in the last 7 days.
2/ If it is an issue with data coming in, I don’t think running manual refresh with fix it as they are running on the same sql query?
3/ I have where clause but not limitation in SQL. I suspect is there any process different from QS on the auto refresh vs manual refresh? Because I ran the manual refresh just 3 hours after the auto refresh, I don’t think the incoming data has changed that much. So it is what the refresh job returns that make the difference.

Hmm, I would suggest opening up a support case as it’s hard to tell what going on.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!