Data export cuts off before reaching the 500MB or 1 million rows limit

Data export cuts off before reaching the 500MB or 1 million rows limit. Why?

MicrosoftTeams-image (10)

Hi @o.nousseir - As per the documentation

For table charts, Amazon QuickSight supports exporting up to 1 million rows or 500 MB of data, whichever limit is reached first.

For all other visuals, including pivot tables, the limits that apply to exporting are the same limits that apply to the visual type.

Are you exporting from a pivot table?

1 Like

Yes, this is an export from a table.

Pivot tables support up to 500K rows as per the documentation. The export will respect the limits of the underlying visual.

This is a normal table (not a pivot) and as per documentation it clearly states the limit is either 1 million rows or 500MB, which ever is first. However, my screenshot shows 530000 rows or 407 MB which is neither of those limits.

I believe the 407.54MB is size of the local file that has your data. I wonder if there is a discrepancy between the 500MB data limit in QuickSight and the local file size. Basically, QS has reached its 500MB limit but the resulting file size is less than 500MB.

@Sanjeeb2022 or @Koushik_Muthanna thoughts?

Edit: Ticket will be raised by OP in order for the QuickSight Team to take a closer look.

2 Likes

Hi @o.nousseir - Do you know original data volume of the data sets, @eperts - Yes you are correct, it is a strange symptom. I am suspecting not 100% sure when it is writing it crossed the limit.

@o.nousseir - It will be good to submit a ticket to AWS Customer support team so that they can investigate in detail. To raise the request, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like
2 Likes

@Koushik_Muthanna This seems to be a CSV export judging from the size (530K rows, ~500MB). Is there guidance from the QS Team on why the posted limits (1M rows or 500MB of data) may not match the File Size number in export window?

1 Like

got it :slight_smile: not entirely sure, would let @o.nousseir raise a support ticket since the file size is 407.54 MB and the limit is 500 MB.

I have raised a support ticket.