Different axis scale for y-axis 1 and 2

Hi. Is is possible to have a different axis scale, when you have a visual with 2 y-axis. In this case i would like the y-axis 2 to have a different scaling.

Hi @kkpmany

Yes, it is possible to have a different axis scale for each y-axis in QuickSight when creating a visual with multiple y-axes. QuickSight allows you to customize the scale and formatting of each y-axis independently.

To set a different scaling for the second y-axis, you can follow these steps:

1. Open your analysis or sheet in QuickSight.
  2. Select the visual that has the two y-axes.
  3. On the right-hand side, under the “Fields” and “Visual properties” panes, you should see the configuration options for the visual.
  4. Locate the section that corresponds to the y-axis settings. It might be labeled as “Y Axis” or “Value axis.”
  5. Within that section, you should see options to customize the scale and formatting for each y-axis.
  6. Look for an option that allows you to enable or disable “Auto” scaling. By default, both y-axes might have “Auto” scaling enabled, which means they share the same scale.
  7. Disable the “Auto” scaling option for the second y-axis.
  8. Once you disable “Auto” scaling, you should be able to set a custom scale for the second y-axis. You can specify the minimum and maximum values, tick marks, or other scaling options based on your requirements.

By setting a different scaling for the second y-axis, you can control how the data associated with that axis is displayed, independent of the first y-axis.

Please note that the availability and exact steps for customizing the y-axis settings might vary depending on the specific chart or visualization type you are using in QuickSight. Make sure to explore the settings and options specific to your visual to find the controls for customizing each y-axis.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

But the axis scale is still in thousands on both sides, i cant seem to find any way to make one of them measure in hundreds for example.