Error ACL_SECURITY_EXCEPTION, UserId: arn:aws:ds:us-east-1:XXXXXX:federated/iam/XXXXX:XXXXX does not have sn:Read permission for object with id XXXX

Whenever I share the dataset to another user, they are getting an error ACL_SECURITY_EXCEPTION, UserId: arn:aws:ds:us-east-1:XXXXXX:federated/iam/XXXXX:XXXXX does not have sn:Read permission for object with id XXXX.

This error is popped up when the user opens the dataset to edit. Post this user is unable to perform any action on the dataset

Hello @kumarsumit98 , welcome to the Quicksight community!

Does this happen if the user tries to create the dataset as well and what datasource are using?

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

The datasource Iā€™m using is an excel sheet. If a user creates the dataset, then that user faces no issue. But when the same dataset is shared to a different user, then the above error appears for that user. The owner of the dataset doesnā€™t face any such issue.

Attaching screenshot of the dataset. The datasource ā€œZM_Article_Listā€ on the left seems to be having the issue.

Hello @kumarsumit98 !

It sounds like your issue is similar to this post:

Do the solutions in the post above work for your use case? Iā€™m assuming that when you shared the dataset that you gave them with Owner permissions.

One of the solution in the above post is to make the user an admin - The shared user is also an admin, still the issue persists.

The other approach suggests to create a new dataset by shared user. This wonā€™t work for my usecase as this dataset will be used by multiple users. Since only dataset user is able to update the dataset, others will still face the above error.

Hey @duncan

Do you have any other solutions which can help in this scenario? Looking forward to any suggestions.

Hello @kumarsumit98 !

Iā€™m sorry about the late reply. From the screenshot you posted my hunch is that the error is happening because of the joins with other CSVs and another data source (Sales VA05).

Did you confirm that the users that you are sharing this dataset with have correct permissions on all of those csvā€™s and that other data source?