Error to update dataset by co-owner

Hello!

I’ve been facing a similar issue described in this post in 2022 (File dataset shared with co-owner permission cannot be updated), but since it has been almost 2y, I’m wondering if there’s already an update.

I have created a dashboard and an analysis from on a .csv dataset, which is being updated ‘offline’ every week. I have a peer with “Owner” permissions in “Users & Groups” and “Usage”, but she is not being able to edit nor update the .csv database (an error message “ACL_SECURITY_EXCEPTION” appears). In order for her to update the dataset, is there a solution that doesn’t mean having to create the same analysis from scratch?

Thanks.

Hello @sfelippe, welcome to the QuickSight community!

I just tested this with a csv dataset in our QuickSight account and another user was able to update the file in the dataset without an issue. Do you know what the user’s account is set to in the QuickSight account? Maybe it is required for them to be an admin. Alternatively, they can create a new dataset, and then in the analysis view, they can replace the old version of the dataset with the new one. That would allow you to update the information without rebuilding the entire analysis. I will upload some screenshots below to show you how to replace datasets in the analysis. If you are unable to get the update file capabilities to work on the dataset, this alternative should resolve your issue without too many extra steps.

ManageDatasets
ReplaceDataset

1 Like