I accidently changed my access from Owner to viewer. Right now, I am unable to have edit access to datasource. can you help me?

I accidently changed my dataset access from Owner to viewer. Right now, I am unable to have edit access to dataset. can you help me in getting back owner access?

Initially, I was the owner of the dataset.
Please let me know how to get the owner access to my dataset.

Hello, do you have co-owner of the dataset? If so, you can ask them promote you back to owner (Multiple Owners of a dataset).

No Sophia, There is no Co-owner. I was the owner and i accidently changed to viewer that completed removed edit access.

Hi @tirumprq
you could try to add you user via API.

BR

Hi @ErikG ,

I am getting this error while trying to access the datasets.
An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the ListDataSets operation: User: arn:aws:iam:::user/ is not authorized to perform: quicksight:ListDataSets on resource: arn:aws:quicksight:us-east-1::dataset/* with an explicit deny in an identity-based policy

Any admin you can contact?

No @ErikG . is there any way that a AWS support team can help me with this issue of restoring me back to owner of the dataset?

@tirumprq ,

If you are the owner of the dataset, you cannot change yourself to a viewer.

From the below screenshot, there are 2 owners of this dataset. I am logged in as user “Default-Author1” who is the owner of the dataset. I can change permissions only for other users.

Can you create another dummy dataset and post a screenshot which show that you are able to change the owner to viewer ? [I would suspect it then be a bug ]

Kind regards,
Koushik

1 Like

@Koushik_Muthanna , Can i share the datasetID so that you can view my dataset owners?

Unfortunately, that’s not possible and we don’t need the datasetID . A screenshot will be helpful for now.

And there is nobody else you could be owner of the dataset?
As @Koushik_Muthanna normaly you shouldnt be possible to change your permission.