Need Urgent help to takeover Dataset ownership

I am an AWS employee and have two part problem to solve urgently

1. Need help in transferring ownership of a dataset which is owned by a teammate who went on unexpected Medical leave.
  2. I am unable to find the data source in datasets section when I search by the Dataset name. I don’t think its a permission/ownership issue.

@kcakula - Thank you for posting your query. If you have QuickSight Admin rights, then you can navigate to Manage QuickSight > Manage Assets and then select the relevant dataset/datasource an share it with your user as Owner. Please see the below snapshot for your easy reference to understand the navigation. Hope this helps!

Did my suggestion help you in resolving your query? If yes, would request you to mark the post as “Solution”. This will help the community to find guidance and answers to similar question. Thank you!

1 Like

@sagmukhe Thank you for the reply. I don’t have admin rights to the common internal account on which we create the Datasets/dashboards. I am the user and actual owner of the dataset is currently on PTO, so not sure how to share permissions with myself without the admin rights or access to the dataset.

@kcakula - Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s any way to get access to those Datasets without taking help of your QuickSight Admin. I would suggest you to reach out to your QuickSight Admin and get the ownership of those datasets transferred or shared to you. Hope this helps! Thank you!

@Max - Please provide your input in case you have any additional insight on this. Thank you!

@kcakula

Do you have CLI access?

I’ve found that you can list out datasets / dashboards that your quicksight user doesn’t have access too through that.

Then you can update the permissions to give it to your quicksight user.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/quicksight/list-data-sets.html