Exporting the quicksight analysis into the Excel format, URL link is not preserved

We have an pivot table that has an URL action setup for a column in this table. when we export this analysis to excel the URL link is lost. Clicking on the Column filed doesn’t open a URL link.

1. Is it correct way to implement URL link for a field that works when exported to CSV/Excel?
  2. I also tried “Field Styles” where i Customized one of the filed to have an URL hyper link but it doesn’t help.

please clarify and point me to any documentation.

Thanks!

Hi @sujanaab,

QuickSight’s exporting capabilities on visual level are purely focused on exporting the data shown within the visual into the desired output format (like CSV/Excel). Any defined interactions, like actions, or formatting options are not getting exported into those. To offer users the best interactive experience, we would recommend to implement the full workflow within the service itself.

At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a better service. I have noted this in our internal feature request tracker.