Getting an error when joining tables with custom SQL queries

I am trying to join two datasets and I keep getting an error when trying to set up the join. Both tables were custom SQL queries. There isn’t much details being provided on the error and any assistance would be much appreciated!

Hi,

Its a valid ask to have more details on the error to help users.
Since we aren’t sure whats causing this error, I would create a ticket with customer support (or directly to the service team) and provide information about this dataset so they can investigate.

Hi @dmissel23,

Are you seeing this error after you selected the columns you want to join the two tables on in the join configuration section in your screenshot? If not, first try adding those columns. If you have, then make sure your join columns are compatible. If they are and this still isn’t working, then I would try joining the tables manually in your custom SQL. If all that fails to resolve this issue, I would suggest that you log a ticket so the technical team can debug the issue.

If you have access to the AWS console of the AWS account where you’re using QuickSight, please see these instructions on how to raise a support case.

If you do not have access, you’d need to ask whoever manages your AWS account for you to raise a support ticket.

Thanks!