How to add different KPIs created by interactivity in one page?

I wanted to created a dashboard like below

To do so, KPIs were created by parameter+control+calculation (Pls see the below link). However, I found the single select in the control will always apply to all the visuals in the page. Is it possible to select different KPI in different visuals?

@Jing - Are you specifically talking about the following setting when you mentioned that :

However, I found the single select in the control will always apply to all the visuals in the page. Is it possible to select different KPI in different visuals?

I believe you have the liberty to always choose “No” and move forward. Let me know if this helps or I misunderstood your query. Thank you!

Hi, the tricky part i found is the KPIs created by parameter and controls couldn’t be changed to scope for each visual (Or there is some method I haven’t noticed). Once I added “KPIs” to the filter, and linked it to a parameter, the datatype does not match. Say, I wanted to show KPI 1 in visual 1, and an error popped up when I changed the filter to equip “KPI 1” . The KPIs results are numbers but the KPI parameter is a string list.

Hi @Jing, as described in the blog you posted, are you building your calculated field for the KPI Metric as follows?

If you still see the datatype mismatch error, can you post the definition of your calculated filed?

You should be able to change scope of the filter even though it is a custom filter that uses the parameter.

An alternative solution is to unpivot your dataset and build a column for ‘KPI Metrics’, and then you can use the ‘KPI Metrics’ column as a dimension and then use it in the filter control.

We hope this solution worked for you. Let us know if this is resolved. And if it is, please help the community by marking this answer as a “Solution.”

1 Like