How to filter a pivot table by date to save the running sum value in the subtotal?

I need to filter a pivot table by date, but I have some fields with a Running Sum. I used this trick
to save values in the Running Sum across the whole month. It works for date granularity, but at the month granularity in the subtotal, it displays the value after the filter and not the last Running Sum value for the whole month.

How to filter a pivot table by date to save the running sum value in the subtotal? Or maybe how to change the Running Sum fields?

Hi @Ekaterina

Could you please upload the sample data and create the analysis in Arena and share it here , this will help us to understand and help you better .

QuickSight Arena – An embedded instance of QuickSight within the QuickSight Community What’s New / Blog

Thanks
VInod

Hi VInod,
Sure, thank you. Please find here a sample:

RunningSum test

Hello @Ekaterina, I’ll share the update I made to your analysis in Arena below, but from my understanding, you would want to alter the way your totals are being calculated. Rather than using Default or Sum, you should use Max. Since the running sum will give you the total on the last value for the period you are filtering by, Max should provide the total.

How to filter a pivot table by date to save the running sum value in the subtotal?

I’ll mark this as the solution, but please let me know if you have any remaining questions!