How to remove filter pane and icon from embedded dashboard?

We are embedding QS dashboard, but we want to disable the filter pane (remove the filter icon as well). Currently, we see the filter icon that allows you to open the pane.

Hi Ivan800,

Can you please share a screenshot of the filter icon and the filter pane it opens that you are referring to? Where are you embedding this dashboard?

Hi Peter,

We are embedding the dashboard to front-end of the application we are developing.
The icon appears on the right end of the page and it looks like this
icon

The pane looks like this when non of the visuals are selected:
pane

When the user selects a visual it shows the actual filters used, which is definitely not something that we want.

Hi, when you publish the dashboard, under Advanced publish Options, there’s a checkbox for enabling filter options. Can you uncheck that and see if it works for you?

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.36.49 AM

Hi Asem, thank you for the answer. We are not publishing the dashboards manually, but that option is disabled in the code:
Screenshot from 2022-09-13 11-40-42

Hi again,
Is your code block using the correct field name? it shows dashboard_fitlering_options (with a typo in the word filtering)- The API documentation references that label to be DashboardPublishOptions. Can you verify that?

1 Like

Hi, @ivan800.
Did Asem’s solution work for you? I am marking his reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

Hi @Ivan800, I am looking for a way to disable or remove the filter controls on the embedded QuickSight dashboard. Where do I need to patch this in my embedding code? or could you please guide me on the best approach to achieve this?

If you are using CLI to publish the dashboard, you can also include it in the create/update dashboard command using “DashboardPublishOptions”.

“ThemeArn”: “”,
“DashboardPublishOptions”:{
“AdHocFilteringOption”: {
“AvailabilityStatus”: “DISABLED”
}
}