In QuickSight, how can I use custom SQL while accessing data source from BigQuery?

In QuickSight, how can I use custom SQL while accessing data source from BigQuery ?

Hello @Lucy, I am seeing on this AWS documentation page that this functionality was just added recently, so if you experience issues after my recommendation please let me know.

If you were able to connect to your BigQuery datasource, when you get to the Choose your table option of the dataset creation process, are you seeing the Use custom SQL button? If so, you should be able to click that, then click Edit/Preview data so you can get to the page to write your custom SQL query.

Hello @Lucy, I wanted to follow-up since we have not heard back from you. If my previous response helped you solve this problem, please mark it as a solution. Otherwise, let me know what steps you have taken to access BigQuery and we can figure out how to query it appropriately.

Hello @Lucy, since we have not heard back I will mark my initial response as a solution. If you need further assistance with this or another issue in QuickSight, please post a new topic in the community. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response. Thank you!