Quicksight Permissions: Custom SQL

Hi,

I am currently encountering the following error while attempting to modify custom SQL in a QuickSight dashboard, despite having been granted edit SQL permissions by my coworker.

"You are unable to execute the custom SQL query due to insufficient permissions to connect to the underlying data source."

Do you have any insights into why I am unable to edit the SQL?

Hi @sujanaab - Thanks for the question. From the error it looks like user do not have permission to connect data sources. Is the same sql is working for other users? Please check the database grant for the objects used in the custom sql.

Regards - Sanjeeb

2 Likes

Hi @sujanaab
could you solve you problem?
BR

1 Like

No, Iā€™m still facing the same issue even though I have the database grant for all objects used in the custom SQL.

But the SQL worked before?
You are using same credentials as before?
Credentials work on database directly?

Hi @sujanaab - Is it possible to connect the SQL server via any client ( use the same user name and password used for QS connection) and test the custom sql. This is just to confirm the user have adequate permission to fetch the data from SQL database.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hello @sujanaab !

Were @Sanjeeb2022 or @ErikGā€™s comments above helpful and if so could you mark one of their comments as the solution?

It has been sometime since we have heard from you but would still like to help you find a solution. If we do not hear from you in the next 3 business days this topic will be archived.