Permissions to Edit Custom SQL

Hi I have created a series of dashboards and will be leaving my team at my company soon. I have given my other teammates who will take over the dashboards once I leave ownsership access to all the datasets, analyses, and dashboards. One of my teammates just tried to edit the custom SQL behind one of the datasets and got the error: “You can’t execute the custom SQL query because you don’t have sufficient permissions to connect to the underlying data source.” She is already an owner so what can I do to give her the correct permissions so she can edit the SQL in the future?

@ericacassidy, he would require authorization for both the dataset and the datasource.

To facilitate this, navigate to the QuickSight management interface and access the assets management section. There, you can identify the relevant data source linked to the dataset and proceed to share it with the corresponding user.

1 Like

@neelay What is the quicksight management interface?

Hi @ericacassidy - You should give access to the datasource as well. I am attaching snippets for better understanding.

So on the top right corner, you can click on “Manage Quicksight” option

Click on the Manage Assets option on the left -

Then select Data Sources - You will get a list of datasources - Please select the data source to which your dataset is linked to.

Click on Share option

Select the user/group to which you want to share

You can give access to all the data sources that you have created.

Please let me know if that helps!

2 Likes