Is there a way to create folders within Datasets, Analyses and Dashboard sections to arrange assets?

Is there a way to organize datasets, analyses, and dashboards into folders in their individual sections?

e.g. As a user, I want to be able to navigate to Datasets, click a button to create a folder within datasets, and move datasets into specific folders within the Datasets section of the interface.

Hi @lorarusso - Welcome to AWS QuickSight Community and thanks for posting the question. You can create folders under shared folder ( if you want to share your artifacts with others) and add the data sets to that folder.

To add a data set in the folder click on the … on the right side of data set ( see the screen shot) and click on add folders.

The data set view contains all data sets created in the QuickSight.

Regards - San

1 Like

@Sanjeeb2022 Thanks for the workaround suggestion. I could create a folder called Datasets and then subfolders for the group sets there. I hoped to navigate to Datasets and create folders instead of My Folders. It is essentially the same data organization function but in a different location. I suppose I am just familiar with other systems that allow for folder creation in all asset sections.

Hi @lorarusso : Yes, the idea for shared folder is to share the artifacts to other users in QuickSight. When you create a folder in shared folder and if the user has the right access, users will able to see the artifacts in the shared folder.

We created different folders in shared folder like the below structure.

Hope this information will help you. If it resolved your problem, please mark this as solution so that it will help others in the community.

Regards - San

1 Like

Hi @lorarusso Did @Sanjeeb2022’s solution work for you?

I am marking this as Solved, but please unclick Solution if you still have questions and let us know how else we can help. Thanks!