Not able to find out the formatDate options in Text Box

Hi Team,
Recently I went through one article by Bhupinder Chadha where he mentioned details about the text box on that article also he mentioned that we can change the date format of a parameter also. But I am not achieving the result. Below error message I am getting.

Also the highlighted yellow color options is not available in my text box.

Here the yellow highlighted like options in the text box is not available.

This is the link where I am finding the article about Text Box.

Any idea how can I achieve the same format for my Text Box.

Not sure whether this feature is enabled for some specific region or not. But as a work around, you can always create your parameter as per date format and directly used the parameter in Text box.

Let me also connect with AWS quicksight team and understand this, will keep posted.

Regards - San

2 Likes

@Sanjeeb2022 Yes Sanjeeb we are doing in the same ways only, but parameter have only the default date format as YYYY-MM-DD any scenarios if we required some date format then we can not change it. So on that scenarios we have some more options in QuickSight we should enable that for getting the desired results.

@Biswajit_1993 - This can’t be done via the Text Box as formatDate function will not work with text boxes as it doesn’t allow you to provide function. You can alternatively use the Insight Visual to overcome it. It’s a bit cumbersome, but that the only viable solution that I know as of now. Let me know if this helps!

You can find a similar thread over here as well which I referred initially when I faced this problem.

Did my suggestion help you in resolving your query? If yes, would request you to mark the post as “Solution”. This will help the community to find guidance and answers to similar question. Thank you!

Hi @Biswajit_1993

In the blog ( Add a text box to a reporting sheet ) , your screenshot with highlighted yellow color option : this is available only for paginated reports.

Kind Regards,
Koushik

2 Likes

Yes this is the thing I am searching for.

Thanks @Koushik_Muthanna

1 Like

Thanks @Koushik_Muthanna … the trick is with first step to select paginated report :slight_smile:

Yes Sanjeeb but for use the Paginated Report the user must have access for that.