Number of dataset rows after incremental refresh

After performing an incremental refresh, shouldn’t the “Dataset rows” show the total number of rows in the dataset? In most cases it’s showing the new rows ingested instead of the total.

However, I’m also seeing cases where it’s showing the correct total. Is there a particular reason why it’s not consistent?

Yeah that is confusing that the Ingested Rows and Dataset Rows are the same when doing an incremental refresh. Can you confirm that your dataset does not drop down to just the ingested rows?

Also for the discrepancy, what is your lookback window?

Wondering if that has anything to do with it

Hi @David_Wong, just checking in. We have not heard back from you regarding your question. We’d still like to help. If we do not hear back in the next 7 days, we will archive the question.

Hi @Max,

The lookback window was 14 days in both cases.

I can also confirm that the dataset contains more than the ingested rows shown in the refresh history. Below is another example. The refresh history shows 10925 in both the “Ingested rows” and “Dataset rows” columns for the incremental refresh.

In my analysis I can see more than 10 millions rows.

@David_Wong This question may be difficult to answer through the community forum, because of all the relevant details involved. I will message you privately to discuss possible solutions.

1 Like