Parameter filter doesn't update on incremental refresh

I have a filter called Period ID and it uses parameter as values (Filter type: Custom filter, Filter condition equals: Use parameters). The dataset is incremental refreshed weekly automatically, but the parameter filter doesn’t show the updated value.

For example, the dataset has data for the most recent week: 2024 W01, but the Period ID filter doesn’t show 2024 W01. It happens in both Analysis and Dashboard.

Hello @Myhua, how are you setting that parameter value? Is your parameter connected to a control on the sheet that displays values related to the dataset field that is being updated with each refresh? The value populated into the parameter doesn’t automatically update because it is connected to the filter for that specific dataset field value, it needs to be set by either a control or through a dynamic default that is connected to a user or group.

Here is some documentation that explains that interaction a little more in-depth.

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your reply.

The parameter is connected to a control and used as a filter. There is no dynamic default that is connected to user or group.

Here are the screenshots of what I meant:
The dataset is incremental refreshed weekly. The latest week is “2024 W01” on the dashboard:

However, it doesn’t show “2024 W01” in the parameter control filter:

I hope it explained the situation.

Thanks.

Hello @Myhua, I see, I think I understand now. I see you are scrolled to the bottom of the dropdown, is there a chance it is appearing elsewhere? I am assuming this is a field that is a string value, so it might not sort how you are expecting since QuickSight doesn’t know you are referencing a date period. I would try searching for it in the control or even scrolling to the top, because it might be listed as the first option now.

Hello @Myhua, did my previous response help you resolve this issue? If so, please mark it as the solution. Otherwise, let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic so we can help guide you further.

Hello @Myhua, since we have not heard back from you, I will mark my previous response as the solution. If you have any further questions on this issue, please post a new topic in the community and link to this question. That will ensure you are at the top of the priority list for a response from one of our QuickSight experts. Thank you!