Scheduled Reports for Embedded Dashboards

Scheduled reports are currently not available for embedded dashboards. I would like to have this entered as a feature request.

At a minimum, it would be helpful if there were APIs available that would allow us execute a report and send us the file. From that point we could build a schedule ourselves and send the file to whoever we want.

You can create a schedule and send email reports to users when using named embedding. you can also custom brand the email report. would this be helpful?

Thanks for the suggestion. Our users are in different namespaces. I can’t create a report schedule through your UI and select users across namespaces.

1 Like

I agree that would be great if there were APIs to allow of executing a report.

Do you have an account in each namespace?

What you could do is share the dashboard with yourself in each namespace and manually create these email reports for each namespace. I know it’s not the best solution but something that could work.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/quicksight/update-dashboard-permissions.html

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion but that isn’t something we can implement on a large scale.

At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a better service. I have noted this in our internal feature request tracker. Best Regards!