SPICE taking so long for Jira dataset in quicksight

when I try to set up a dataset of Jira, SPICE takes so much time in importing the data. I know the rows are a lot probably but it’s been 2 hours and the refresh symbol is still rotating (data being imported). Is this normal for huge data?
Also, once the data is imported, any new issue created in Jira won’t appear in my dataset unless I refresh it, is that correct?

To your second point yes you will need to refresh it.

How many row’s / columns are you importing?

I might look to open up a support case.

Here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!

Long ago I had a similar issue and it was due to the max returned items size in the Jira api being too low. This is configurable if you are using Jira server (see How do I change the max limit export in Jira? ). It is not adjustable if you are using Jira cloud though.

I started the whole process from the start and it has ingested 55675 rows so far and it has been running for 1 hour and 20 ish minutes. I’m thinking about letting it run till it stops this time.