Unable to expand and view the Excluded Fields

Hi All,

I’m trying to add an excluded field in the dataset but unable to expand the section.
I had done it before successfully but for some reason I’m unable to expand that section now when I click on it.

Is anyone else facing this issue.

Thanks and Regards
Sushma

1 Like

Hi @sushma.sreella - Can you please open the browser incognito mode and open the data set and see whether you are able to see excluded fields or not.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Sanjeeb2022 ,

I tried in the incognito mode as well, still I’m unable to expand the excluded fields when I Click on it.

Thanks
Sushma

Hi @sushma.sreella - I assume you are the owner of the data set, so permission should not be an issue. Can you please clear the cache and cookies as well to see whether any change in the behavior. Also please try use google chrome browser.

In parallel, if possible please raise a ticket to AWS Customer support team so that they can see the issue by screenshare and guide you. To raise a ticket, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support.

@AnwarAli - Any advise on this type of issue?

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hi @Sanjeeb2022,

Thanks for your quick response!

I just tried one quick thing i.e., switched from Fields to Filters tab and went back to Fields tab again, then I tried to expand the Exluded Fields section, it worked now.

Thanks
Sushma

2 Likes

Hi @sushma.sreella - Thank you, glad to hear that it is resolved. can you please mark your approach as solution so that it can help other community member as well.

Have a great week ahead.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

We shouldn’t be marking a buggy workaround as a solution. We should open a ticket to fix

2 Likes

Hi @bowofola - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. Yes, this can be added as a feature request and we can request QuickSight team to have a look on this.

Hi @ErikG - Can you please help on this.

Regards - Sanjeeb