Using click action URL in embedded dashboard shows extra toolbar information

Follow this link for a detailed video of the issue.

1 Like

Hi Corey,

Please leverage Navigation action for your use case instead of URL action.
The source and target sheets will have to included in same dashboard for this. You can hide the sheet tab controls using sheetTabsDisabled:true option in the calling embedding function. (More info on usage is available here. )

URL action is meant for redirecting to any generic url. As such, the control enable/disable options that are set on the parent dashboard don’t flow through into this layer.

Regards,
Arun Santhosh

Thanks for the info! This will definitely be an issue for us. It is very common for a manager type person to want to see a high level summary dashboard that consists of many different metrics across the company (different data coming from many different data sets). For each of those summary widgets, the manager will want to click on it to open a more detailed dashboard of those metrics.

It would be great if all of these dashboards didn’t have to exist as one dashboard with different sheets. The embedded features should allow for easier navigation between dashboards.

Hi Corey,

Most welcome.
We already have a Product Feature Request logged for easier navigation between dashboards.

Please have your AWS account manager add a customer influence to the PFR. Alternatively, mail me your org details and I can add the customer influence entry on your behalf.

Regards,
Arun Santhosh
arunsant@amazon.com

2 Likes

I see this frequently with the clients I coach where cross-functional, cross process metrics from different data sources need to be presented in concert but with drill downs. We are trying to replace all our data visualization use cases with QS deeply embedded in our ISV platform, so these kinds of constraints slow the ability to do that down. I mentioned in another post that as a non-developer CEO it appears that deep embedding in OEM/private label solutions is not as high of priority. No one has the resources to work on everything so it would be helpful to know whether your priorities are aligned or are we just going to drive you crazy asking for things you are not going to be able to get to?