Why do the Controls on my visuals stop working every time I make a change to the underlying data?

The data in my “controls” stop loading every time I edit a dataset or add another filter/control.

I can’t find a way to recover from this either. The only way you can get everything working again is to recreate the parameters and add controls all over again and delete the old controls.

Help! Has anyone solved this or is this a bug that’s going to get fixed?

Below is a screenshot of the parameters and controls (don’t worry, the data never loads).

Hi,

Below is recording where i have created multiple parameters to test loading. The visuals also show unique count of values for each column. 6.8 million records in the dataset loaded into SPICE .

Browser : Chrome
Note : The city parameter has more than 1000 entries, hence the search bar.

QS_parameter_loading

Probably would look at record count to understand if you are bringing in a lot of data for filters. Is it then cascading , meaning , if you select a customerid, does it filter on FreighType only for that customerid . Also try a different browser ( Supported browsers - Amazon QuickSight ) .

Regards,
Koushik

Thanks for the reply. The issue is with the controls only happens when I change the underlying dataset and at no other time.

The data is tiny and the controls work fine as long as I never change the controls or report.

Hi,

I have tested additionally refreshing the dataset and refreshing the controls and unable to find an issue.

If you are still facing this issue, I would suggest that you log a ticket so that team can debug the issue.

If you have access to the AWS console of the AWS account where you’re using QuickSight, please see these instructions on how to raise a support case.

If you do not have access, you’d need to ask whoever manages your AWS account for you to raise a support ticket.

Regards,
Koushik

1 Like