windowSum existing data and Forecast data

I have a time series line chart with the date aggregated by month. I am using the Forecast to extend the data out into the future.

My goal is to have the windowSum for the year existing in the data and the forecasted year so I can project the difference between each year. Unfortunately I do not have more than a year’s worth of data to work with so I cannot aggregate the date into Years.

Hi @LexusHam

Forecasting in QuickSight requires atleast 32 data points for Year aggregation and 43 data points for aggregating by Month.
Are you looking to extend Forecasting feature to support fewer data points to forecast by month/years?

Thanks,
Raj

Hi @rajjaya !

I’ve attached a picture to better explain what I was trying to accomplish. Usually I have more data points to work with, but in this case I only have 12 months of reader session data to use.

In the attached image mocked up. The black text would replace the Data Labels included in the chart as a runningSum. It would be really nice to have it be able to perform a runningSum instead of showing the actual value for that particular data point. This would be easy for end users to understand total metric usage annually rather than combining this chart with a simple table showing the runningSum.

Thank you!
Michael

Hi @LexusHam!
At AWS, our roadmap is primarily driven by our customers. Your feedback helps us build a better service. I have noted this in our internal feature request tracker.