Can I get parameters "out" of an embedded experience to trigger some action?

Hello community. I am working with a customer who wants to embed the QuickSight + Q experience in their branded web app. I have successfully passed parameters “in” to the embedding using the embeddedGenerativeQnExperience.setQuestion(‘show me monthly revenue’); documented at GitHub - awslabs/amazon-quicksight-embedding-sdk: A SDK to help users embed QuickSight dashboards on other pages.

My question is, is there a way I can trigger some external “action” based on the information within the embedded experience? For example, sending an e-mail, or linking to an internal document, etc.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @nmeddin, welcome to the QuickSight community!

So, I suppose this would depend on your expectations and how you would want the action to occur. There is built in functionality in QuickSight dashboards to utilize the URL actions on certain visuals. This would allow you to link a user to some documentation on a new tab if you receive that url in your dataset or through a passed parameter. You can also use URL actions for mailto links. It isn’t the greatest email functionality, but it is at least possible! I can include some documentation below. Let me know if you have any further questions on this process, and I can guide you.

Hello @nmeddin, since we have not heard back from you, I will mark my above response as the solution. Please let me know if you have any remaining questions on this issue and I can help guide you further. Thank you!