Color expression on maps

Hello all is there a way in quicksight that I can create a calculated measure on the maps

Hi @olusegun83 - Can you please give more details on your requirements, like what is your input and expected output. This will help in guiding you the right solution.

Regards - San

1 Like

@Sanjeeb2022 I am trying to color code the dots on the maps based on this expression
ifelse({STATE_OF_CHARGE}<= 25,‘Red’,({STATE_OF_CHARGE} > 25 AND {STATE_OF_CHARGE} <75), ‘Yellow’,‘Blue’). it works on tables but not on maps

Hi @olusegun83 - I believe conditional color formatting is not possible at this moment for maps, by saying let’s listen some expert advice on the same. Can you also submit an AWS ticket for the same so that AWS team can see your requirement and guide you as well. To raise a ticket to AWS, please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support.

If you do not have access, request your admin to help you.

Regards - San

1 Like

Thanks so much will do

2 Likes

Thank you @olusegun83 . If you are getting any feedback from AWS Customer Support Team, please do post in this ticket so that it will help the community in down the line.

Regards - San

1 Like

Hi,
Edit: Modifying this response after reviewing post from Sean below
For filled maps, you would use a numeric field (or create a calculated field for your criteria) and then use that field in your condition to set the colors. So in this case, use your existing STATE of CHARGE column in the conditional logic.
For points on a map you can have a calculated field for the grouping in the Color field well, as mentioned below.

2 Likes

You should be able to create a calculated field and then use that as the grouping/color field on the map and assign the colors appropriately.

2 Likes

Thanks @Asem i have created a calculated field like this ifelse({STATE_OF_CHARGE} <= 25,‘Red’,({STATE_OF_CHARGE} > 25 AND {STATE_OF_CHARGE} <75), ‘Yellow’,‘Blue’) added it to the map as you said still not getting the colors as needed.

Hi @olusegun83

Are the groups correct?

The color won’t change based on your calculated field but the groups will and then you can color each group.

2 Likes