Conditional Rules - Include NULL/Empty String in Multiselect

I have a visual which has a conditional rule to only show when ‘Field1’ value does not equal ‘-’. For example, the possible values in ‘Field1’ are ‘ABC’, ‘DEF’, ‘GHI’, null, empty. How can I set up the conditional rules to show the second visual with any combination of values selected in ‘Field1’ control including the null and empty values?

I can provide further information and screenshots if required.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

@riley.anderson - Thank you for your question. Are you basically trying to filter the second visual based on your selected in the Field 1 control. You can do that using Parameter/Filter combination. Thank you!

Hi @sagmukhe, thank you for your reply.

I have managed to sort my problem now by creating a dataset level calculated field to change Null and empty values to ‘No Value’.

That is then used in a parameter/filter combination as you said and the second visual now displays with any combination of values from my control, including selecting ‘No Value’.

Thanks again.

1 Like

@riley.anderson I am glad that you found it helpful. As you were able to overcome the problem, may I request you to mark the relevant post as solution and close the thread. It will benefit the community going forward. Thanks again!!