Creating a Dual-Axis Scatterplot in Quicksight to Compare Actual vs Scheduled Time

Hi,

I have a visual in Tableau that is a scatterplot where we compare one dimension with two calculated fields. Our goal is to compare the actual time vs. the scheduled time for a particular person (dimension). In Tableau, we achieved this by using two calculated fields separately and then opting for a dual axis. This allows us to see both the scheduled time and the actual time for that single dimension.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the Tableau visualization for reference.

Question : Is it possible to create a similar visualization in AWS Quicksight, where we can use a dual axis to compare two calculated fields for a single dimension? If not, are there any workarounds or alternative methods to achieve this in Quicksight?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
A Nitish Reddy

Hi @Nitish_reddy ,

I see two topics here, you need a dual axis, and you want a gantt chart. Both features are not available in quicksight yet. Both are great #feature-request .

Lets talk about possible workarounds.
To receive a gantt chart, you can use stacked bar charts, meaning you fill the empty space between with bars and hide them by giving them the background color. For a more detailed description:

Next step issue is the dual axis. What you can do is overlay two charts in your dashboard. Make sure the scale of your axis is the same.

Best regards,
Nico

Hi @Nico ,
I tried to do possible work around but not able to get the desired result.

as you said Gant chart addition came as a feature request and it was going to be added in 2022, So do we have any news that it has been added or something?

Hi @Arpit6075 ,

It was not me, who talked about 2022. Tatyana_Yakushev wrote it MIGHT BE added. Unfortunately the Gantt chart has not been released till now. What you can do: create a new post in this community and ask again for the feature. This helps the quicksight dev team to adjust the roadmap.

Best regards,
Nico

Thanks you Nico for your suggestion.

1 Like