Date Parameter Not Working

Hi there,

It seems to have a bug with the Date parameters in the Controls today. When trying to select a date, it sets a random one, and then the whole Control section disappears.

I hope the QuickSight team is working on this and will be fixed soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have tested date parameters in controls and it seems to be working fine.

If you are still facing this issue, I would suggest that you log a ticket so that team can debug the issue.

If you have access to the AWS console of the AWS account where you’re using QuickSight, please see these instructions on how to raise a support case.

If you do not have access, you’d need to ask whoever manages your AWS account for you to raise a support ticket.

Regards,
Koushik

2 Likes

Hey @ermelinda,

I have been experiencing the same problem. I think it is an issue with Quicksight handling date formats since it is confusing DD/MM/YYYY with MM/DD/YYYY.

What worked as a workaround for me is to change the date format of the date-control to something like ‘DD. MMM YYYY’. This displays the month as 3 letters (e.g. ‘Sep’), which seems to ensure that Quicksight does not get it wrong.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing it out attention. We are aware of this issue and actively working on a fix.

2 Likes

Hi @Koushik_Muthanna, @antonwilms, @mahak_garg,

Thank you for your answer. It seems to be working well now.

1 Like

Hi all! I have been told by the team that this bug has been resolved.

Hi Kristin, I’m seeing this bug right now. My date formats are DD-MM-YYYY and QS is displaying it as MM-DD-YYYY. If I try to create a custom format it doesn’t work. What is the solution?

Ah, I’ve come across the fix in the data set. I can format it there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you came across the fix @kjaques! Let us know if you need anything else! :blush: