Deleted the dataset in quicksight but the Spice memory is not reduced

Hi, I added a dataset which consumed more than the purchased spice capacity and to resolve the problem I deleted the newly added dataset. But still the overall Spice Capacity is not reduced. The source dataset and data source are both deleted and there is no other dependency on the same. But still the memory not reduced.

Is this a new bug or something which can be solved from my end ?
Did anyone else also faced similar problem and how did you solve it?

It is likely related to our stable version feature, please open a support case and ask the support associate to assign the case to Data Prep team.
We are seeing SPICE table clean up issue when customers breach the SPICE capacity during dataset edit.
Make sure to include your AWS account id and region when you open a case so I can temporarily unblock you while we’re working on a fix.

I am having this issue now in 2023, has this not been resolved yet? We are evaluating the product and this stopped us since we can no longer see any of the Athena tables which happened after our SPICE went over so now the whole thing is no longer functioning?

Hi @jswante. I am so sorry to hear this. I have reached out to our team to see if someone can help / circle back to your posts.

Hi @jswante, we see that you have connected with the AWS Customer support team. Please let us know if you need any other help or support.

1 Like