Getting error when creating dashboard: "Exploration Service metadata resource not found"

What is this error and how to resolved? I have not seen this error before. Did anything change in quicksight service?

Hi @alltej - Please provide more details like screenshot and how you are creating the dashboard, and also which region?

Regards - Sanjeeb

I am trying to create a dashboard from template by passing the SourceEntity parameter. So it looks like the code failed during the creation but the code went to ahead to call the create_folder_membership for that dashboard and that seems to be where the error is coming from.

Hi @alltej - Please provide the command or screenshot so that it will be bit clear. When you are creating the dashboard from CLI, there are lots of things needs to be considered, so if you will give more information like the program** ( NOTE- DO NOT SHARE THE PII or PCI details like account info etc), it will help in detecting the issue.

In parallel, you can submit a ticket to AWS Customer support team so that they can see your screen and understand and advise you the solution. To raise the ticket please follow the link - Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support. If you do not have access, request your admin to help you.

Tagging @Jesse and @Max @David_Wong for the expert advise.

Regards - Sanjeeb

@Sanjeeb2022 It’s now resolved. We were getting permission error during creating dashboard. We resolved that and that resolves the “Exploration Service metadata…” error. Thank you!

1 Like

Maybe an improvement I guess on the error message “Exploration Service metadata resource not found”. That exploration service seems internal to quicksight and the client does not really know what it is.

1 Like

Thanks @alltej . Good to hear that problem is resolved. Can you please mark your observation as solution so that it can be useful for the community in down the line.

Regards - Sanjeeb