Hide visual through RLS

In AWS QuickSight analysis, I have a Key Performance Indicator (KPI), and I want to apply Row-Level Security (RLS) to hide the KPI for a specific group of users. I have added RLS and created a field called “paidgroup” in an RLS dataset. I then created a rule in my analysis such that if the “paidgroup” is set to “yes,” I want to hide the KPI; otherwise, I want to display the visual.

Hi @Pavithrareddy.05
you can rules only link to parameter.
So you could create a paramater and set a dynamic default value based on “paidgroup”.
BR

Hello @ErikG
Thanks for response.
I have an analysis where certain key performance indicators (KPIs) should only be visible to paid users, while specific KPIs should be hidden for unpaid users. To achieve this, I created a row-level security (RLS) dataset and added a “paidgroup” column with values “yes” or “no”. In my analysis, I set up a rule to hide visuals using a parameter, and I designated the parameter value as “yes” for hiding. However, this approach is not working. I also attempted to use dynamic defaults in the parameter settings based on your suggestion, but that didn’t work either. Are there any other processes to achieve this?

HI @Pavithrareddy.05

so you already did this?

Did you create a control to switch the parameter yes/no? for testing?

What exactly is not working?

BR

Hello @ErikG

A few KPIs should be hidden for free users, but they are currently visible to free users as well.

Can you create a parameter control to test you rule? like →

HideShow

It is functioning correctly when added to the control, but it should operate with Row-Level Security (RLS) rather than relying on parameter control.
I have assigned user credentials (free or paid) in Row-Level Security (RLS). If I use my credentials and they indicate a free account, certain KPIs should be hidden for me.

I know. You need to define a dynamic default value for the parameter based on the user. Sadly thats the only option i can see right now.

grafik

Okay i got it. so i am assuming to take above select a dataset means existing dataset and i am not understing remaining columns. can you please suggest me.

Thank you.

please check

Thank for response @ErikG

1 Like

Hi @Pavithrareddy.05
could you solve your issue?
BR

Hi, @Pavithrareddy.05 . Did this solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

Hello @ErikG ,
Thank you for your approach. It works well for me. I apologize for the delayed response.

Hello @DeepakS ,
Thank you for checking. It works perfectly.

Hello @ErikG,
Can you kindly provide a response to this, please?

I have two types of users for my dashboard (free and paid). I aim to conceal the “tooltip” and “On visual menu” options for a few KPI’S for free users on the dashboard. Are there any ideas or possibilities to accomplish this?
the same dashboard I will be using for free and paid users also.
Can I hide those options to free users, and it should be visible for paid users?

Hi @Pavithrareddy.05
not sure if you can manage that with a simple setting.
But you could use different visuals for the two groups and hide/show based on a default parameter value.
“tooltip” and “on visual menu” you can turn of on one of the version.
BR

Thank you for responding @ErikG.
Is there a chance we could use just one visual instead of two?
actually, Iam aim to do it one analysis for two dashboards.

@Pavithrareddy.05
i am not aware of such a possibility.