How can add filters from another table or hardcord them and the report have fields I get from separate dataset?

Dear Community,

How can add filters from another table or hardcord them and the report have fields I get from separate dataset? is it possible?

For example if we have column channels with values voice and chat but when i add filter for this field and in the dropdown of the filter there are only the two value there to select.
But In actual there is another value Task which I want to add in the filter list.
for my case I want add these values dynamically from a separate db table.
Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks and Regards

Hi @musama,

If I understand your question correct, you are looking for capability to add custom values to an existing control tied to a dataset column. The possibility is either or, either you can have the values directly come from the dataset column, or you create your own list. In your case, you can create your list as voice, chat and Task. An example of this is:

In this example, the dataset has three values: North Hospital, Downtown Hospital & South Hospital. To add a custom value, I have added a custom Hospital through the control options.

Thanks,
Sri

2 Likes

Thanks @Srikanth_Baheti It was helpful but as for my case I want add these values dynamically from a separate db table. Is there a way to acheive this?

Hi @musama

You can link a dataset to a parameter control

1 Like

Hi, is there a way to select a calculated field in Field? It only allows me to select fields from the dataset.